Thursday, September 29, 2011

Music makes me smile

Today it was Music.

It's amazing how it affects us. It can make us smile, make us cry or make us laugh.

My favorite songs are the ones that can make me smile no matter what mood I'm in.

My dad's music always makes me smile.

A Hopeless Wind - Clint Maki

"Some people live on the sidewalk, some people live in the park. Some people never sleep 'cause they got nothing to eat so they wander around in the dark. Some people live on the riverbank in corrugated cardboard shacks."

It's funny how a song about something so depressing can make me so happy. I think it's just that I love my dad's singing and all the good memories I have of sitting around campfires listening to him play.

"A hopeless wind keeps a blowing in these times, the whole damn country feels the breeze"

Music isn't always just about the lyrics. It's about the tone and the memories that come with that song. Some songs remind me of breakups, some songs remind me of home, some songs remind me of vacation, and some songs remind me of being alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment