Thursday, September 8, 2011

Make it right by the end of the night.

Somedays my mood is up and down and I'm a bit hormonal. I'm human. It's alright to be crabby every once in awhile. It's okay to freak out a bit, as long as you make it right at the end of the day. Obviously, today was one of these days for me. I had some really great moments and some not so great moments. I don't know what it was that made me crabby, but I don't think it really matters. Sometimes I just have emotional days and I just have to get through them the best I can.

You might be on a one way, but you can always turn down a different road.
At the end of the night, I think I made everything alright. I know I can't take back what I did and I can't go back and redo the day without the crabbiness, but I can look to tomorrow (well, today...since it is already 4 a.m.) and make it better.

Time means nothing, but timing is everything.

But! Just because I had an up and down day doesn't mean I forgot about the little things that made me smile. Today it was interviewing Professor Oscar Flores about the honors program and his new role as Interim Director. He was so passionate about the program - making it better and getting more students involved. It's always fun to interview people that are passionate about what they do.

Walk while you still have time or risk getting hurt.


It was skipping through every song on my iPod to get to one of my dad's songs (my iPod is old and broken and the menu button doesn't work so I can't actually choose a song from the list).

It was getting a simple 'thank you' text from my boss for cleaning the house.

Look at things from a different perspective...you never know what you might discover.

It was finally figuring out a time to meet with the publisher for my internship.

It was going to Walmart and Cashwise by myself at 2:30 a.m. because I really want to have pancakes for breakfast in the morning and wouldn't have had any to make.

Capture the glow of the night.


It was seeing my story come together. :)

[The photographs are from this Sunday night when a friend and I went downtown to take some photographs]

No comments:

Post a Comment