Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Let all the little things lift you up when you're down

Monday...

Some days life gets a bit crazy and stressful. Someone will say something that hits you hard and knocks you off your feet for awhile, but if you wait long enough the littlest thing will make you smile and help you get back up on your feet.

Today, it was running around the track listening to my iPod and suddenly hearing the familiar, comforting voice of my dad. Although we have a strange almost non-existent relationship, whenever I hear his music I feel this very deep connection with him that always warms my heart and makes me smile.

Tuesday...



Today, it was finding out my best friend is possibly going to be visiting me for Labor Day weekend. It was having a private concert performance of Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis by two beautiful, talented and creative girls. It was sitting on my bed with two old friends just talking about anything. My wonderful attempt to paint an abstract master-piece on a small canvas for my bedroom wall.

Wednesday...

It's great to have a day when everything goes just wonderfully. On days like today, I just can't stop smiling.

Today was filled with silly little things that made me smile. Laughing on the floor in the wellness center with my roomie when she got a crazy cramp in her leg. Meeting new people while visiting my friend in her new dorm room. Talking with my boss. It was losing an intense hula hoop competition with a six year old. It was finally being able to share my new happiness with my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment