Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Children make you want to start life over"

I've been blessed with an amazing job nannying for a great family with amazingly talented kids. Although I sometimes get stressed out with the kids for misbehaving, most of the time we have fun playing games on the Wii, building forts in the living room out of couch cushions and blankets, baking yummy cakes and cupcakes, playing catch with the little football in the house, dancing like crazy in the garage and doing all kinds of little crafts together.


Monday, I took Kaia to her second hockey practice of the season. She started hockey last year and it is truly amazing how much she has improved since then. I remember watching her struggle to stay on her skates the first few practices last year, but now she's cruising down the rink faster than most of the boys her age. 


No matter how many times I have to send the kids to their rooms or yell at them for fighting, I love my job for all the little things they/we do that keep me smiling.

It was hiding in the dark with the kids for fifteen minutes waiting for Nicole to get home so we could surprise her with a big "Happy Birthday!"


 It was Kaden telling Kaia how great she did jumping over the lines during practice. 

It was comparing their school pictures from this year and last year. It's amazing how much they've grown.  

It's the little things kids say...
"I didn't make you any pictures, mom."
"Ahhh! Kaden!"
"I'll go to my room for 35 minutes..." 
"Why?"
"Cause you turned 35!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment