Monday, October 24, 2011

It's going to be a good day..

Somedays, you wake up and just know that it will be a good day. I'm happy to say today is one of those days.

This weekend I had the chance to go home and spend time with all of my favorite people. I always feel so blessed when I'm with my family. There is so much love, laughs and just happy times.

[Taken by Cody Maki]

The silly little things that made me smile most this weekend were my niece and nephew. Kids are just adorable. "Jazzy! Jazzy! Jazzy!" my nephew continuously called throughout the weekend. We carved pumpkins and he made his pumpkin soup once again. Then, we went crazy painting the littlest pumpkin. We decided it looked like the earth.

[Taken by Cody Maki]

It's all the little things they do that make me so happy like Kiera's little smile. And how she would run up to my brother and lay her little head on his lap, and then look up at him giggling. It was Ronan trying to tickle everyone. It was his silly little "surprise" when I walked in the door to their apartment Friday night and how excited he was to play with me. It was Kiera trying to eat her entire piece of cake in one bite and getting frosting all over her face.


It was talking for hours with my big sister about everything under the sun and realizing how crazy our life has been. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a movie.



It was catching up with my best friend Cassie over a little dinner date. Even just spending an hour or two filling each other in on everything new in our lives means the world to me. Next time we will have more time.

It was waking up early this morning and going for a run before sunrise, so I have time to spend with a good friend tonight.

[Taken by Cody Maki]


I've learned to take the time you're given and make the most of it. And spending time with the ones you love is the most important thing you can do. If I have to wake up early or stay up a little later in order to talk to my sister or spend some time with a good friend, then I will because in the end that's what really matter. You can have your dream job and all the money in the world but you'll never be happy if you don't make time for friends and family because no one wants to be alone.

Song of the day:

No comments:

Post a Comment