Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas is in the air and everywhere

Lately, it's been all this holiday spirit.

After saying it's too early to listen to Christmas music, I walked into Joann Fabrics and was immediately overwhelmed with all the smells of Christmas: balsam, pine, cinnamon and evergreen. My face lit up as I breathed it all in and looked around at all the Christmas decorations, crafts and fabrics.

I decided it was time. Kelle Hampton from Enjoying the Small Things inspired me to try a new Christmas craft. She made these beautiful little wreaths wrapped in different fabrics and I fell in love with them.



I decided I would try the same project with the little ones I nanny. Of course, they didn't turn out quite as beautiful and perfect as Kelle's did, but that doesn't matter.



I love how simple and inexpensive this craft is. The only supplies you need are Styrofoam wreaths, tacky glue and pieces of fabric.

This is only the start of Christmas crafts for me and the kids. I've been looking for fun unique Christmas crafts and I'm excited to do some more.




I love all the little things about winter and Christmas...

I love seeing all the sparkly dresses and clothing pop up in my favorite stores. I can't wait to find my perfect sparkly dress for New Years.

I love the first snow. I am like a little kid when I see those first few flakes. It always brings me back to my junior year of high school when I was a mentor for a kindergarten class. I was in the class when it started snowing for the first time that year. The kids were in the middle of stations, where they got to play with different toys. One kid saw the snow and within a matter of seconds everyone, including me and the teacher, was at the window screaming and laughing and smiling.

I love going through the Christmas sections at Target and Walmart just to see all the new decorations. This weekend I bought some Christmas lights and garland to hang in my room.

And I love all the extra time I get to spend with family, especially the little ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment